Today I am just going to focus on what I can see in front of me and how it makes me thankful. As I write this post, I am sitting in my office at work. Most days to be honest, I would be thinking…”Ughh, work again…why can’t it be the weekend?” However, Thursdays for me…are now all about focusing on the positive.
1. I have a job. That alone in this economy is no small matter. The unemployment rate here in NJ is 9.1% only .3% shy of the national average. I know plenty of people who don’t have jobs and simply can’t find something in this market that will pay enough to support their families.
2. I actually like my job. (Well most of the time anyway.) Sure there I times that I want to throw in the towel…but on the whole I enjoy the challenges presented, like most of my colleagues and never have to wake up dreading to go to work.
3. I have my own office. After working in a mix of both cubicles, shared offices, and single offices over the past 15 years, I can definitely say that it makes a huge difference. I can get so much more work done without the distraction of hearing the murmur of chatter in the background and constantly being startled by people walking up behind me. Cubicles definitely break all the rules of Feng Shui.
4. I have an office with a window. Even if the view isn’t spectacular…it really makes the small room seem so much larger and lets in a lot of light. I love sunlight…it is nature’s pick me up!
5. And this week thanks to the wonderful boyfriend and Valentine’s Day, I have lots of goodies in my office to lift my spirits–especially the gorgeous bouquet of Tulips and Iris on my desk.
So that’s my short list for this Thursday. What are you thankful for today?