On Saturday, I woke up…checked my messages and found a wonderful surprise in my inbox….Megan over at Maggie Mae’s Days had passed this award on to me. It’s my very first and it’s means a lot to know that a fellow blogger whose posts I enjoy so much…feels the same! Thanks so much Megan! It’s also great to know that there’s actually a word for my random ramblings…the word is “Versatile!” Woohoo!
Apparently there are rules that go along with this award…not sure that I am too keen on that idea…but with a tad of tweaking…this is what I have come up with:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link the blog back to them
- Tell us 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award to 7 bloggers
- Contact the bloggers to let them know they’ve received the award
I in no way expect rule following from any of those to whom I pass this award. It’s up to you…feel free to simply bask in my adoration or make up your own version of “the rules”:)
So 7 things about myself…hmmm…
1. Reading is my first love…my mother taught me to read in kindergarten with Nancy Drew books and I read them all through grammar school…along with a myriad of other books. And probably stemming from my early love of the written word, as a child I used to dream of being a Journalist or a Writer. (Or a Veterinarian , or a Detective, or a ….) I suppose that this blog is my small way of fulfilling that dream.
2. I’ve been a vegetarian for 20 years this Autumn. It started as a merely ethical choice when I was a teenager and is now backed up by environmental & socio-economic concerns. (I get a physical and blood work up at least every two years and no doctor has ever found me to be anything other than perfectly healthy)
3. I lived in Salem, Massachusetts (Witch City, USA) for 7 years…I still miss it. And yes, I went out with the ghastly horde of 100,000+ people on Halloween in costume! It was hands down the best place I’ve ever lived. (Sorry Jersey!)
4. In college, I still had no idea what I wanted to “be when I grew up”…so I just studied what I loved. Culture and all its components including religion, language and the arts. I double majored in Spanish and Religion and minored in Middle Eastern Studies at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. I now do accounting for a Real Estate Development and Property Management Company! Go figure!
5. I have two “phobias”: The first – of sharp cutting implements of all kinds (I refuse to watch any brutally violent movies) and the second – of losing my teeth (I have recurring nightmares that I’m wandering an outdoor flea market and catching my teeth in my hand as they fall out. In reality, I have strong teeth…and have had 1 “maybe” baby cavity when I was a teen. I say maybe because I later heard several reports-one from my own sister-that upon getting second opinions it was found that this dentist lied about cavities to make money on fillings)
6. Some of my favorites:
Food: Eggplant Parm
Store: Christmas Tree Shops
TV Show: The West Wing
Smell: The forest after a rainfall
7. I am going to leave this one up to my readers. If any of you have a question for me…feel free to post it in the comments and if there’s an interest I’ll answer them in another post!
I have picked a few versatile blogs that I love to read and which I’d love to share. Please check them out. They are each and every one of them special in their own way.
- Crowing Crone
- Simple Moments-Living Life to the Fullest
- She’s a Maineiac
- Three Cats on a Sofa
- The Year of the Cats
- My Moonlit Path…
Thanks again Megan 🙂 You made my day!And for those of you who haven’t made my list…don’t feel bad. Your blogs either tend to have a theme (and therefore I don’t define them as versatile) or many of you have just recently been passed this award!